MRI Scan for Chronic Lower Back Pain
About the Study
We are trying to learn how chronic pain and long-term opioid usage affect the brain’s response to pain, and need your help!
Come to Stanford for a single 3 hour visit that will include an MRI scan, sensitivity measures to heat, and surveys. Those that complete the study will receive $150 and an image of their brain.
- Between 21-65 years old
- Chronic lower back pain
- Currently taking opioids
- Can’t be pregnant
- No MRI safety hazards on or in your body (magnetic metal)
- A single visit to Stanford University in Palo Alto for approximately 3 hours.
- Complete surveys during your visit, and 1 online survey after your visit.
- Sensitivity measures to heat on your lower back.
- An MRI scan of your brain for approximately 1 hour (segmented in to several different scans).
- Compensation of $150 via an Amazon gift code and an image of your brain.
Know that we will do everything we can to keep your data private as required by law and will not share it with anyone who is not working on the study.
See if you're eligible now!
If you aren’t able to access the eligibility survey above, please copy and paste this link into your browser:
If you have additional questions, please contact the research coordinator below:
For questions regarding participant rights, contact 1-866-680-2906.