Frequently Asked Questions
What is the time table for the application process?
We accept applications beginning Dec. 1st through May 31st in ERAS. Interviews will be conducted in July. All positions will be matched via NRMP.
How many positions are available each year?
We have seven fully-funded, ACGME-approved positions. All positions will be available to the match.
Do you accept applications from candidates with non-anesthesia training?
Yes. We accept applications from all specialties. A majority of our fellows specialize in anesthesiology; however, we have accepted fellows who specialize in PM&R, neurology, and psychiatry.
Is your program open to foreign trainees?
We only accept applications from international medical graduates who meet all the following criteria:
- ECFMG from a foreign medical school
- Successful completion of all three USMLE steps
- Canadian M.D.s and D.O.s who are eligible for licensure may substitute documentation of successful completion of LMCC/MCCQE and COMLEX exams, respectively, in lieu of USMLE steps.
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited residency
- ABA board-certified or eligible
- Eligible for an unrestriced California medical license