Immersion in Community Medicine Program
Thank you for your interest in the Pacific Free Clinic Immersion in Community Medicine program!
To keep up with recent announcements about our program, check out our Facebook page!
The Immersion in Community Medicine program was created to extend PFC's mission of educating students to the local high schools in the San Jose area. Its goals are:
- To inspire high school sophomores and juniors to enter the field of medicine, particularly for those who come from under-served or disadvantaged backgrounds;
- To encourage the students to serve their local community;
- To foster valuable mentoring relationships with undergraduates, medical students, and physicians.
- Complete five shadowing sessions with Stanford physicians, medical students, and undergraduates over the course of five consecutive Saturdays (8 AM - 2 PM).
- Participate in case study discussions, interact with Pacific Free Clinic's medical directors and student volunteers, and undergo patient interview and vital signs training.
- Work with your program peers on creating an informational poster on a common health problem affecting the community.
Apply for PFC's Immersion in Community Medicine Program!
We currently run the 5-week program three times over the academic year in each of the fall, winter, and spring quarters. Our upcoming program for Spring 2018 will run on the following Saturdays: April 28, May 5, May 12, May 19, and May 26.
The application link is located below, and applications will be due Saturday, April 14, 2018 at 11:59PM.
The ICM program is free of charge. As it is a competitive application process, we recommend students to take care in completing the application. Current high school sophomores or juniors who either live or attend school in San Jose are eligible to apply. You must be able to attend all five sessions to apply.
Once accepted, students will be required to have adequate vaccinations (MMR, Tb, and flu) to participate in this program.
If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com to contact Anthony Thai, Vivian Lou, Kevin Tang (Immersion in Community Medicine Program Coordinators).