A Pop-Up Park in Northern California: Engaging Residents in More Affluent Communities Around Novel Active Living Solutions (2013-2014)
- Los Altos City Manager's office
- Passerelle Investments, Inc., Los Altos, CA
- 9 residents, ranging from teenagers to older adults
- Evaluate a temporary "pop-up" park, a means of promoting active living in urban areas, in the local community
- Changed the perception of the area from lonely and empty to welcoming and inviting
- Reported developing a sense of connectedness and community
Salvo D, Sheats JL,Winger SJ, et al. Impacts of a Temporary Urban Pop-Up Park on Physical Activity and Other Individual- and Community-Level Outcomes. Journal of Urban Health, 2017.