2020 Head and Neck Cancer Patient and Caregiver Education Symposium
The 4th Annual Stanford Cancer Center Head and Neck Cancer Patient and Caregiver Education Symposium has been postponed until a future date.
Please check back with us for more information.
- Fred Baik, MD
- Nicole Barr, NP
- Beth Beadle, MD
- Gary Bertuccelli, MSW
- A. Dimitri Colevas, MD
- Erica Connor, RD
- Jennifer Kizner, MEd
- Jenny Kwak, NP
- Quynh Le, MD
- Chiara Leifer, MSW
- Julia Noel, MD
- Heather Starmer, MA
- Michael Topf, MD
Join the Stanford Head and Neck Oncology team for a day of education and networking
This special day—designed for patients with head and neck cancer, their families, and their caregivers—will include lectures, question and answer panels, and information about supportive services at the Stanford Cancer Center.
Lectures and panels will address issues common to patients going through or have completed treatment for head and neck cancer.
- 8:00-8:45 Registration and breakfast
- 8:45-9:00 Welcome
- 9:00-9:20 Keynote address
- 9:25-9:45 Intimacy and HPV
- 9:50-10:20 Caregiver panel
- 10:25-10:45 Caregiver lecture
- 10:50-11:10 Coffee break
- 11:10-11:30 Survivorship after cancer
- 11:35-12:05 Trajectory of recovery panel
- 12:05-1:05 Lunch
- 1:05-1:25 Nutrition in head and neck cancer
- 1:30-2:10 Research panel
- 2:15-2:35 Self-care after cancer diagnosis
- 2:40-3:10 Long-term survivor panel
- 3:15-3:35 Why we don’t give up
- 3:40-4:30 General medical provider panel
- Stanford Cancer Center Library
- Rehabilitation services
- Nutrition services
- Dental care
- Cancer Center Services
Li Ka Shing Center
291 Campus Drive
Stanford, CA 94305
Parking is free on the weekend.
Roth Way and Via Ortega lots are the best places to park.
Bring your favorite during or post-treatment recipe to enter in our recipe raffle. All recipes will be added to our new patient cookbook to be published in 2020!
Previous Education Symposia
This program has been supported by the Stanford Cancer Center and generous patient donations. If you are interested in providing financial support for this event in the future, please contact
Medical Center Development