Study to Intervene with Nutrition for Gastroparesis
You are invited to participate in a research study to assess the efficacy of a plant based organic peptide formula without common allergens in adult tube-fed Gastroparesis patients.
We Want to Know...
This study aims to Investigate:
- Whether transitioning to a plant-based tube feeding formulation affects tolerability and gastroparesis symptoms.
- How changes in tube feed formulation impact inflammation.
- Changes that occur in the fecal microbiota with transition to a plant-based tube feeding formulation.
You may qualify if you:
- Are between 18-65 years of age.
- Have an established diagnosis of gastroparesis and a J tube.
- Have had no changes to gastroparesis medications in the last 3 months.
- Need the J tube for the majority of your nutrition.
If eligible, you will be asked to:
- Attend 4 clinic visits over a 12-week period (60 minutes each).
- Maintain dietary food records throughout the study.
- Provide blood and stool samples, and complete questionnaires.
- Maintain a diet with Kate Farms Formula for 12 weeks.
If you participate in the study, you will receive the following free of charge:
- An average of 12 weeks of plant-based Kate Farms Formula 1.5 Peptide.
- The results of your blood analyses.
How to Participate
Please contact the study coordinator, Alexandria George at email@example.com, or by phone at 650-723-6815.