The Neuro-Ophthalmology Division at Stanford Medical Center is a vital component of the Stanford Pituitary Center. Because of the sensitive location of pituitary tumors, vision loss may occur and this may happen without the patient even being aware of the problem. Repeat neuro-ophthalmic evaluations are therefore crucial in following patients with pituitary tumors.
- Patients will receive a thorough neuro-ophthalmic consultation
- Eye functions to be examined include: visual acuity, color vision, pupil reactivity, eye movements and eye alignment
- Pupils will be dilated for a complete optic nerve and retinal exam, and fundus photographs will be taken for documentation and future comparison
- Complete report of findings and recommendations will be sent to referring physician.
- Services are provided to both Stanford physicians and outside clinicians.