David Post, MD
- 2005-2007: United States Military Academy at West Point; double major in chemical engineering and life science, transferred to Cornell after 2 years
- 2007-2009: Cornell University; BSc in Biological and Environmental Engineering, minor in Biomedical Engineering
- 2009-2010: Cornell University; Meng in Biomedical Engineering with focus in Tissue Engineering and Drug Delivery
- 2011-2015: University of Illinois at Chicago School of Medicine; MD
- 2015-2019: Stanford Neurology
Hospital Neurology, Electrophysiology and Electroencephalography, Medical Education, Medical Innovation
2007-2008: Biochemistry Teaching Assistant
2010: Introduction to Biomedical Engineering Teaching Assistant
2012-2015: Medical School Peer Educator – physiology, anatomy, biochemistry, neurophysiology, pathology, clinical pathophysiology, USMLE Step 1 preparation, Clerkship Exam Preparation.
Esch, Mandy B., David J. Post, Michael L. Shuler, and Tracy Stokol. “Characterization of In Vitro Endothelial Lining-Grown Within Microfluidic Channels.” Tissue Engineering Part A 17, no. 23–24 (December 2011): 2965–2971.
A MacNamara, D Post, AE Kennedy, CA Rabinak, KL Phan. “Electrocortical processing of social signals of threat in combat-related post-traumatic stress disorder.” Biol Psych. 94 (2013) 441-449.
H Klumpp, D Post, M Angstadt, DA Fitzgerald, KL Phan. “Anterior cingulate cortex and insula response during indirect and direct processing of emotional faces in generalized social anxiety disorder.” Biology of Mood & Anxiety Disorders. 2013, 3:7.
D Post, AE Kennedy, Christine Rabinak, KL Phan. “Neurophysiological Markers of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder in OEF/ OIF Veterans and SSRI Treatment Response: An Event-Related Potential Study.”
Athilingam J, Jones-Rounds J, Post DJ, Ganzel BL, Belmonte MK. “Emotion-related N250 is generated near temporoparietal junction and is evoked both by faces and by affectively valent non-social images.” Poster at SfN 2014.
ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS:
2019 - Yuen T. So Award, 2019 San Francisco Neurological Society Annual Meeting
2015 - AAN Medical Student Prize for Excellence
2014 - Alpha Omega Alpha honor society inductee 2014
2012 - UIC College of Medicine Poster Contest Finalist
2009 - Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society Inductee 2009