Benefits and Perks
GME Extras (in addition to salaries shown on the right)
- $7,200 per year (paid as $600 monthly) housing stipend
- $3,000 one-time moving allowance for new hires
- $1,000 per year cell phone allowance
- $2,000 per year education allowance
- Meal stipend if timely duty hours completion and shift >12 hours
- Food Allowance $10 per day (shifts of 12 hours or longer for clinical rotations only at SHC & LPCH)
- 1% annual bonus based on completeion of a Qulity Improvement Project
$600 per year Extra Education Allowance that can roll over but must use prior to graduation
2 night - 1 day 100% protected resident FUN retreat (past destinations include Napa, Carmel, Santa Cruz)
Annual AAN membership and Continuum subscription during residency
Fund attendance and provide service coverage to attend AAN in senior year
Fund attendance of 2 additional national or international conferences if presenting
Dinner with world-class visiting neurologists
Other goodies: jackets, happy hours, etc.
Medical, Dental, and Vision and Long-Term Disability Insurance provided
Medications prescriptions including co-pays are covered if received at Medical Plaza Pharmacy (211 Quarry Rd)
Access to Stanford Integrative Medicine clinic which may include free massages
Discounted care for spouses and families
Residents can participate in online health initiatives to earn up to $500 in wellness incentives to be used towards any health related expenses.
- Discounts on cell phone plan (15-18%)
- Premier golf course
- Additional sweetners, like free access to top of Hoover tower, Cantor Art Center, and Anderson collection with Rothko and Pollack paintings
- Free Marguerite shuttle which transports around campus, to/from Hoover/SNHC, to/from Cal Train.
- Free CalTrain and other deals depending on where you live
- Clean Air Cash if you live far enough off campus and take alternative transportation
- PurpleTie dry cleaning, laundry, purse and shoe repair, alterations, eyeglass repair and photo services. More information and pricing.
- Access to world-class gym, pool, and recreation
State medical license