Criteria & Application Requirements
APPLY HERE by January 9, 2019 at 11:59pm PST (application will be available in mid-October, 2018).
- Sophomore or above at a 4-year university. You are eligible if you have graduated from a 4-year university.
- Students who, by reason of their culture, class, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, background, work and life experiences, and/or skills and interests would bring diversity (broadly defined) to graduate study in the medicine and biological sciences
- Demonstrated interest in pursuing a MD-PhD in the biosciences (i.e. prior scientific research experience or intent to participate in research in the upcoming academic year)
- Completed application submitted by the deadline
- Must be available for the entire program (from March 14-16, 2019)
- Note: in general, a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher will be competitive for this program. However, applicants with GPA below 3.0 may still apply; applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis, incorporating relevant information from the essay responses which might explain lapses in academic performance.
- Copy of an unofficial transcript (official transcripts will be required later for students who are accepted into the program)
- Two letters of recommendation
- Essay responses on application form
- Application opens in mid-October, 2018
- Application closes on January 9, 2019 at 11:59pm PST
- Selected participants will be notified in early February; selected participants will have 48 hours to accept or decline the offer
- Stanford MD-PhD Preview begins on March 14, 2019
- All applicants to Preview must have two letters of reccomendation.
- The recommendation letter is submitted through the online application via a link sent to the recommender.
- Recommendation letters from someone familiar with your previous research and/or graduate level research potential (PIs, research program directors, etc.) are strongly encouraged.
- Recommendation letters should touch upon the your potential and resiliency for an academic career.
- Note: Redundant letters (e.g. from two mentors involved in the same or similar projects) are strongly discouraged.
Stanford Preview 2019
Applicants who wish to be considered for both Stanford MD-PhD Preview and the Stanford Preview (https://biosciences.stanford.edu/current-students/diversity/stanford-preview/) can apply to both programs using a single application link. Please note your preference of the two programs. You may use the same letter of recommendation for both applications.