Cellular Pathway Imaging Laboratory (CPIL)
My lab is interested in:
- Developing novel imaging assays for studying cellular signal transduction networks in living animals;
- Imaging the role of epigenetic histone methylation in the pathogenesis and therapeutic interventions of cancers;
- Ultrasound-microbubble mediated imaging of guided targeted drug and antisense-microRNAs delivery that functionally alters cellular homeostasis, thereby enhancing response to chemotherapy for clinically difficult aggressive and metastatic triple negative breast cancer (TNBC), and for advanced hepatocellular carcinoma;
- Understanding the role of cancers antioxidant chemopreventive mechanism to improve therapeutic efficiency by overcoming the drug resistance facilitated by Nrf2-mediated phase II enzymes;
- Developing multifunctional gene therapy system to improve TNBC therapy.