Post-Doctorate: Orthopedic Surgery, Rush University, Chicago, IL
Ph.D.: Biochemistry, Rush University, Chicago, IL
M.S.: Biochemistry, Bombay University, Bombay, India
B.S.: Biochemistry and Life Sciences, St. Xavier's College, Bombay, India
Recognition Award for Significant Contribution - Genentech, Inc., South San Francisco, CA
Recognition Award for Extraordinary Productivity/Workload - Genentech, Inc., South San Francisco, CA
Medical Staff Scholarship for Graduate Students - Rush University, Chicago, IL
The Graduate College Tuition Scholarship - Rush University, Chicago, IL
Graduate Student Research Assistantship - Dept. of Biochemistry, Rush University, Chicago, IL
Graduate Student Awards for Conference Participation - Dept. of Biochemistry, Rush University, Chicago, IL
Glore Fellowship in Biochemistry - Dept. of Philanthropy, Rush University, Chicago, IL
1201 Welch Road
Lucas Expansion, P087
Stanford, CA 94305
Study of prognostic biomarkers in early cancer detection.
- D'Souza AL, Tseng JR, Butts Pauly K, Guccione S, Rosenberg J, Gambhir SS, Glazer GM. A strategy for blood biomarker amplification and localization using ultrasound. PNAS. 2009;106(40):17152-17157.
- Desnoyers L, Pai R, Ferrando RE, Hotzel K, Le T, Ross J, Carano R, DSouza AL, Qing J, Mohtashemi I, Ashkenazi A, and French D. Targeting FGF-19 inhibits tumor growth in colon cancer xenograft and FGF-19 transgenic hepatocellular carcinoma models. Oncogene. 2007;27:85-97.
- French D, Kaul RJ, DSouza AL, Crowley CW, Bao M, Frantz GD, Filvaroff EH and Desnoyers L. WISP-1 is an osteoblastic regulator expressed during skeletal development and fracture repair. Am. J. Pathol.. 2004;165(3):855-867.
- Kamada H, Masuda K, D'Souza AL, Lenz ME, Pietryla D, Otten L and Thonar EJ-MA. Age-related differences in the accumulation and size of hyaluronan in alginate culture. Arch. Biochem. Biophys.. 2002;408(2):192-199.
- D'Souza AL, Masuda K, Otten LM, Nishida Y, Knudson, W and Thonar EJ-MA. Differential effects of interleukin-1 on hyaluronan and proteoglycan metabolism in two compartments of the matrix formed by articular chondrocytes maintained in alginate. Arch. Biochem. Biophys.. 2000;374:5965.
- Nishida Y, D'Souza, AL, Thonar EJ-MA and Knudson W. IL-1 alpha stimulates hyaluronan metabolism in human articular cartilage. Arthritis Rheum. 2000;43(6):1315-1326.