Ph.D. City of Hope Graduate School of Biological Sciences, 2004
B.Sc. (Honors) University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada, 1998
- 2010 Travel Award - ARCMP Joint Symposium for Catholic Univ. of Korea - MIPS Stanford University, Seoul, South Korea
- 2010 Travel award - 5th International Conference on 'The Hsp90 Chaperone Machine' in Les Diablerets, Switzerland
- 2009 Junior Scientist Travel Award -Institute of Molecular Imaging Sciences/Academy of Molecular Imaging for World Molecular Imaging Congress, Montreal.
- 2008 Student Travel Award -World Molecular Imaging Congress.
- 2006-2008 Postdoctoral Fellowship Award - Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Project title "Imaging the efficacy of Heat Shock Protein 90 Inhibitors in Human Breast Cancers".
- 2005 Young Investigator Travel Award - Academy of Molecular Imaging
- 2005 Travel Award - American Association of Cancer Research Edward A. Smuckler Memorial Pathobiology of Cancer Workshop
- 2000-2004 Trainee Award, Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Training Program at City of Hope National Medical Center & Beckman Research Institute
- 2001-2004 Predoctoral Fellowship Award, Department of Defense Breast Cancer Research Program
- 2000 Young Investigator Award, for American Association of Cancer Research Conference on 'Signal transduction in Cancer'.
- 1994-95 Dean's Honors List, University of California, Davis
James Clark Center E150
Department of Radiology
Stanford University School of Medicine
318 Campus Drive
signal transduction, drug resistance, molecular imaging of biological events
- Chan CT, Reeves RE, Geller R, Yaghoubi SS, Solow-Cordero D, Paulmurugan R and Gambhir SS. Discovery and Validation of a Novel Class of Heat Shock Protein 90 (Hsp90) Inhibitors through Multi-modality Molecular Imaging of Chaperone Interactions in Living Subjects. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science Plus. In Press.
- James ML, Shen B, Zavaleta CL, Nielsen CH, Mesangeau C, Vuppala PK, Chan CT, Avery BA, Fishback JA, Matsumoto RR, Gambhir SS, McCurdy CR, and Chin FT. A new Positron Emission Tomography (PET) radioligand for imaging Sigma-1 receptors in living subjects. J. Med. Chem. In Press.
- Van de Ven S, Elias SG, Chan CT, Miao Z, Cheng Z, De A, and Gambhir SS. (2012). Optical Imaging with Her2-Targeted Affibody Molecules Can Monitor Hsp90 Treatment Response in a Breast Cancer Xenograft Mouse Model. Clin Cancer Res 18:1073-1081.
- Dragulescu-Andrasi A, Chan, C.T., De A and Gambhir SS. Enhanced Bioluminescence Resonance Energy Transfer Strategies for Imaging of Protein-Protein Interactions in Deep Tissues of Living Subject. Accepted by Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2011.
- Gheysens O, Chen IY, Rodriguez-Porcel M, Chan C.T., Rasooly J, Vaerenberg C, Paulmurugan R, Willmann JK, Deroose C, Wu J, Gambhir SS. Non-invasive Bioluminescence Imaging of Myoblast-Mediated Hypoxia-Inducible Factor-1 alpha Gene Transfer. Mol Imaging Biol. 2011.
- Fan-Minogue H, Z Cao, Paulmurugan R, Chan CT, Massoud TF, Felsher DW, Felsher DW, Gambhir SS. Noninvasive molecular imaging of c-Myc activation in living mice. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 2010;107(36):15892-15897.
- Chan CT, Paulmurugan R, Reeves RE, Solow-Cordero D, and Gambhir SS. Molecular Imaging of Phosphorylation Events for Drug Development. Mol Imaging Biol. 2009;11(3):144-158.
- Chan CT and Gambhir SS. (2008). Encyclopedia of Diagnostic Imaging. Baert (Ed.) Springer, Berlin New York Heidelberg.
- Chan CT, Paulmurugan R, Gheysens OS, Kim J, Chiosis G, and Gambhir SS. Molecular Imaging of The Efficacy of Heat Shock Protein 90 Inhibitors in Living Subjects. Cancer Research. 2008;68(1):1-11.
- Levi J, Cheng Z, Gheysens O, Patel M, Chan CT, Wang Y, Namavari M, Gambhir SS. Fluorescent fructose derivatives for imaging breast cancer cells. Bioconjug Chem. 2007;18(3):628-34.
- Chan CT, Metz MZ, Kane SE. Differential sensitivities of trastuzumab (Herceptin®)-resistant human breast cancer cells to phosphoinositide-3 kinase (PI-3K) and epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) kinase inhibitors. Breast Cancer Research and Treatment. 2005;9(2):187-201.
- Paulmurugan R, Ray P, De A, Chan CT, Gambhir SS. Imaging protein-protein interactions in living subjects. Trends in Analytical Chemistry. 2005;24(5):446-458.
- Paulmurugan R, Ray P, De A, Chan CT, Gambhir SS. Imaging protein-protein interactions in living animals. Protein-Protein Interactions. Chapter 35. 2005;():695-714.
- Kyle AH, Chan CT, Minchinton AI. Characterization of three-dimensional tissue cultures using electrical impedance spectroscopy. Biophysical Journal. 1999;76(5):2640-2648.