LKSC Immersive Learning Center Scheduling and Use Policies
These policies are in addition to the SoM Classroom Scheduling Policies, but are specific to the LKSC Goodman Immersive Learning Center (ILC) spaces.
Faculty and course coordinators may reserve ILC spaces and resources for the purposes of guided clinical training, learner assessment, and related simulation research. ILC regular business hours are from 8AM until 6PM Monday - Friday. Requests will be reviewed weekly by the ILC Operations Workgroup for most appropriate use of space, and approved based on the scheduling priorities listed below.
Please submit your request using the ILC Request Form.
The scheduling priorities for the ILC spaces are listed below:
- Required courses in the M.D./Ph.D./Master's curriculum, including Scholarly Concentration curriculum, placement and final exams
- Elective courses in the M.D./Ph.D./Master's curriculum, including final exams
- Multiple Mini Interview (MMI: Medical Student Admissions)
- GME Required training and exams
- GME Elective activities
- All other School of Medicine activities
- Primary Care Associate Program activities
- Non-Stanford events sponsored by an academic department or ASSU group
NOTE: All Requests for the Immersive Learning Center spaces are vetted through the ILC Administrative Team.
To receive scheduling priority, requests must be submitted according to the Classroom Scheduling Policy Deadline.
Activities will be scheduled by academic year, to coincide with the academic calendar (i.e. the first day of the School of Medicine's autumn quarter through the day before autumn quarter of the following academic year).
ILC requests of equal priority submitted by the priority deadline requesting the same date/time will be arbitrated by the ILC Administrative Team.
This policy applies to the following teaching spaces. Exceptions apply as noted.
- Clinical and Acute Care Exam Rooms with either SP or Sim Control Room
- Orientation and Debrief Rooms A, B, &: these rooms are exclusively used for either mannequin-based simulation or SP exercises only and not available for meeting spaces.
- Counseling Room
- Sim OR Room
- Sim 3-Bay Room
- Skills Classrooms LK005, LK007, LK07A, LK011, LK013