Titania Juang, PhD
Titania Juang, PhD, studied bioengineering at UC Berkeley (BS, '05) and worked at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) as an engineer developing microwave and ultrasound medical devices for thermal in conjunction with radiation therapy. She received her PhD in medical physics from Duke University (PhD, '15), where her dissertation work was performed under the mentorship of Dr. Mark Oldham in the Duke 3D Dosimetry and Optical Bio-Imaging Lab. Her doctoral research covered clinical and research applications of 3D dosimetry, including the use of deformable 3D dosimeters in validating deformable image registration algorithms. Dr. Juang was a recipient of the 2016 Farrington Daniels Award for the best paper on radiation dosimetry published in Medical Physics Residency in 2015.
Dr. Juang joined the Stanford University Physics Residency in 2015.
- Hendrickson KRG, Juang T, Rodrigues A, Burmeister JW. "Ethical Violation and Discriminatory Behavior in the MedPhys Match." Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, in press.
- Gensheimer MF, Bush K, Juang T, Herzberg B, Villegas M, Maxim PG, Diehn M, Loo BW. "Practical Workflow for Rapid Prototyping of Radiation Therapy Positioning Devices." Practical Radiation Oncology, in press.
- Rankine L, Mein S, Cai B, Curcuru A, Juang T, Miles D, Mutic S, Wang Y, Oldham M, Li HH. "Three-Dimensional Dosimetric Validation of a Magnetic Resonance-Guided Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy System." International Journal of Radiation Oncology, Biology, Physics (2017); 97(5):1095-1104.
- Velec M, Juang T, Moseley JL, Oldham M, Brock KK. "Utility and validation of biomechanical deformable image registration in low-contrast images." Practical Radiation Oncology (2015); 5(4):e401-e408.
- Jackson J, Juang T, Adamovics J, Oldham M. "An Investigation of PRESAGE® 3D Dosimetry for IMRT and VMAT Radiation Therapy Treatment Verification." Physics in Medicine and Biology (2015); 60(6):2217-2230.
- Bache S, Juang T, Belley M, Adamovics J, Yoshizumi T, Kirsch D, Oldham M. "Investigating the accuracy of micro-stereotactic-body-radiotherapy (micro-SBRT) utilizing anatomically accurate 3D printed rodent-morphic dosimeters." Medical Physics (2015); 42(2),846.
- Juang T, Grant R, Adamovics J, Ibbott G, Oldham M. "On the feasibility of comprehensive high-resolution 3D remote dosimetry." Medical Physics (2014); 41(7),071706.
- Vidovic AK, Juang T, Meltsner S, Adamovics J, Chino J, Steffey B, Craciunescu O, Oldham M. "An investigation of a PRESAGE in-vivo dosimeter for brachytherapy." Physics in Medicine and Biology (2014); 59(14):3893-3905.
- Adamson J, Yang Y, Juang T, Chisholm K, Rankine L, Adamovics J, Yin F, Oldham M. "On the Feasibility of Polyurethane Based 3D Dosimeters with Optical CT for Dosimetric Verification of Low Energy Photon Brachytherapy Seeds." Medical Physics (2014); 41(7),071705.
- Juang T, Stauffer PR, Craciunescu O, Maccarini PF, Yuan Y, Das SK, Dewhirst MW, Inman B, and Vujaskovic Z. "Thermal dosimetry characteristics of deep regional heating of non-muscle invasive bladder cancer." International Journal of Hyperthermia (2014); 30(3):176-83.
- Thomas A, Niebanck M, Juang T, Wang Z, Oldham M. "A comprehensive investigation of the accuracy and reproducibility of a multitarget single isocenter VMAT radiosurgery technique." Medical Physics (2013); 40(12),121725.
- Juang T, Das S, Adamovics J, Benning R, Oldham M. "On the need for comprehensive validation of deformable image registration, investigated with a novel 3-dimensional deformable dosimeter." International Journal of Radiation Oncology ∙ Biology ∙ Physics (2013); 87(2):414-421.
- Oldham M, Thomas A, O’Daniel J, Juang T, Ibbott G, Adamovics J, Kirkpatrick JP. "A quality assurance method that utilizes 3D dosimetry and facilitates clinical interpretation." International Journal of Radiation Oncology ∙ Biology ∙ Physics (2012); 84(2):540-546.
- Stauffer PR, Maccarini P, Arunachalam K, Craciunescu O, Diederich C, Juang T, Rossetto F, Schlorff J, Milligan A, Hsu J, Sneed P, Vujaskovic Z. "Conformal microwave array (CMA) applicators for hyperthermia of diffuse chest wall recurrence." International Journal of Hyperthermia (2010); 26(7):686-698.
- Arunachalam K, Maccarini P, Juang T, Gaeta C, Stauffer PR. "Performance evaluation of a conformal thermal monitoring sheet (TMS) sensor array for measurement of surface temperature distributions during superficial hyperthermia treatments." International Journal of Hyperthermia (2008); 24(4):313-25.
- Juang T, Neuman DG, Schlorff J, Stauffer PR. "Multilayer Conformal Applicator for Microwave Heating and Brachytherapy Treatment of Superficial Tissue Disease." International Journal of Hyperthermia (2006); 22(7):527-44.
- Johnson JE, Neuman DG, Maccarini PF, Juang T, Turner P, Stauffer PR. "Evaluation of a dual arm archimedian spiral array for microwave hyperthermia." International Journal of Hyperthermia (2006); 22(6):475-90.