Stanford’s current resources create a unique and timely opportunity for this foundation, specifically:
- A high proportion of medical students serve as Teaching Assistants at some point during their medical school career. There is, therefore, a readily available “lab environment.”
- The Schools of Medicine and Education offer coursework in multiple relevant domains. Such coursework will provide the necessary foundation for students to engage in scholarly work that would translate to the medical education environment and contribute to the body of knowledge in the field.
Benefits of Declaring Medical Education
- Attain a rich understanding in the field of medicine, medical education.
- Access to nationally reputed faculty in Stanford School of Medicine.
- Opportunities for mentorship/guidance from our foundation’s selected faculty and research advisors.
- Opportunities for professional growth and development.
- Gain effective leadership and research skills.
- Conference presentation/participation at local, regional, and national levels.
- Publications in peer-reviewed academic journals.
- Letters of recommendation.
- Opportunities of developing innovations in the MD curriculum.
- Make significant and innovative contributions to the field of medicine, medical education, and communities at large.