LKSC 4th Floor and Student Commons
For Stanford Medicine medical and graduate students, the frenetic pace of learning extends through the day into night. To ensure a well-rounded lifestyle, Student Life offers areas that blend relaxation and rejuvenation into the learning experience. A variety of study, reflection, and social spaces emphasize balance - a vital aspect of a student's well-being.
In LKSC, students find places to study, work, and connect with their peers, or find a quiet moment alone to reflect. A lounge / entertainment area and a rooftop terrace create a stress-free environment to complement the study spaces. Fitness facilities let students squeeze in a workout between classes or laboratories, while a project rehearsal area provides students with a state-of-the-art space to practice key presentations. The Med Café on the first floor serves "grab-and-go" meals during the day and kitchen amenities for a quick bite off-hours.
With limited time at their disposal, students need an easily accessible retreat that nurtures a sense of community. This blended space puts work and play under one roof - a home away from home.
Please note that access to the LKSC 4th Floor, Student Lounge and Fitness Center spaces is exclusive for Stanford Medicine medical students and Biosciences graduate students.
Enjoy the comfort of home in a student shared environment. A large seating area with a flat screen TV allows you to watch your favorite sporting event or evening show in the company of your peers. For your convenience, there is kitchenette area with two full-size refrigerators, two microwaves and a dishwasher. EBrowse the 'net, check your e-mail, or work on your latest assignment at one of the four computer stations. Vending machines are also available just outside the lounge.
LKSC Fitness Center
The use of the LKSC Fitness Center is exclusive to medical and biosciences graduate students.
LKSC Fitness Center Rules
- Exercise at your own risk.
- The LKSC Fitness Center and its employees are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
- Proper workout attire is required. Jeans, scrubs, cargo pants, slacks, skirts, dresses, sport bras alone, speedos, open toe/heel shoes or bare feet are not permitted.
- Bags of any type or personal belongings are not allowed on the gym floor or near the equipment. Please use the lockers to store all personal belongings.
- Please wipe down exercise equipment after use.
- Please put weights and equipment back in its proper place when done.
- Please report any facility related injuries or incidents to the staff on duty or fitness center manager.
- All doors must be kept closed at all times.
- Use of the facility stereo equipment is not permitted for patron use. You are encouraged to bring your own personal music players with headsets for your enjoyment.
- Only Stanford Medicine medical and biosciences graduate students are allowed to use the facility. Bringing in guests who do not otherwise have access is not permitted.
Failure to comply with any of the above policies may result in temporary or permanent loss of Fitness Center privileges.
LKSC 4th Floor Contacts
For LKSC Fitness Center Questions
Contact LKSC Fitness Center Staff at (650) 724-0449 or contact the fitness center front desk at (650) 724-0449.
For Medical Student Access
Contact the Office of Medical Student Affairs at email@example.com
For Biosciences Student Access
Contact the Office of Graduate Education at firstname.lastname@example.org