How do I apply for financial aid?
- Complete the online FAFSA using the Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) to upload your federal tax data (parental data is not required on the FAFSA), CSS Profile, and Stanford University School of Medicine Supplemental Financial Aid applications.
- Submit signed copies of your parents’ 2017 federal tax returns, W2s, and all schedules.
Do I have to apply for financial aid every year?
- Yes, you must apply for financial aid annually. There is no deadline to apply.
What is the tuition?
- Tuition is assessed quarterly. Tuition for 2019-20 is $20,078.
Does Stanford University School of Medicine offer merit scholarship?
- No, we do not offer merit scholarships. All scholarships and grants are need-based.
Does Stanford University School of Medicine offer financial aid to international students?
- Yes, Stanford institutional need-based financial aid (grant and loans) are available to international students.
How much Stanford University Grant can I receive?
- There are four tiers of grant based on financial need:
- Full tuition grant of $20,078 per quarter (awarded only upon matriculation).
- Full tuition grant of $20,078 plus the “Living Expense Award for Diversity Enhancement and Recruitment” (LEADER) offered to students demonstrating “high” financial need (awarded only upon matriculation).
- Maximum grant of $15,660 per quarter.
- Middle Income Assistance Program (MIAP); $7,830 per quarter.
What is the Middle Income Assistance Program (MIAP)?
- This is a matching program where you can receive a maximum amount of $7,830 grant per quarter if you parents agree to match the same amount. This is a need-based program and you must qualify for this program as calculated by the financial aid office.
What other types of funding are available?
If I need additional information, how can I contact you?
- Our general mailbox at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Lawson Roberts, Financial Aid Analyst, (650) 723-6958, email@example.com
- Abera Metaferia, Financial Aid Counselor, (650) 724-3181, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marti Trujillo, Financial Aid Director, (650) 723-6954, email@example.com
- Write to us at; 1265 Welch Road, MSOB, Suite 100, Stanford, CA 94305-5404
- Visit our web site, http://med.stanford.edu/md/financial_aid/index.html
updated August 2019