Certification in ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) is a requirement for graduation. Students may register for ACLS in the first or second clinical year. Starting in 2019, training courses are offered through Stanford Health Care. When the training is completed, students receive a certification card valid for two years. Please note that students must have a current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification card in order to enroll and participate in ACLS.
Students must register for an ACLS training course both through Stanford Health Care and through Axess (MED 295).
The 2018-19 dates are:
- Wed, February 13, 2019 (Winter Quarter – Axess enrollment opens Oct 28)
- Mon, March 18, 2019 (Winter Quarter – Axess enrollment opens Oct 28)
- Fri, April 12, 2019 (Spring Quarter – Axess enrollment opens Feb 10)
Please note that capacity for each session is capped at 35 so sessions will be first come. If the above dates do not match with your schedule, please contact the Stanford Center for Education and Professional Development (CEPD).
If you will be enrolled in a clerkship during the time of your assigned ACLS date, please notify your clerkship directors in advance of your scheduled date.
To Register for ACLS:
- First, sign up with Stanford Health Care following the instructions below (available now)
- Second, register through Axess MED295 for the quarter that corresponds with the session (once enrollment opens).
- Visit www.cecenter.stanfordhospital.com and click on the box ‘Life Support’
- Click the REGISTER NOW button to be directed to the registration site
- On the registration homepage, click: SEARCH -> CLASSIFICATION -> Life Support Training Center -> MD INTENSIVE -> SEARCH
- Next, select your course and desired date for MD INTENSIVE ACLS Course (Stanford Medical Students) and click the green ADD button and begin CHECKOUT.
- Checkout as a NEW CUSTOMER, create your registration profile
- In your shopping cart, checkout using coupon code STANFORDMEDSTUDENT (use coupon code to override fee)
You will receive an automated email confirmation after successfully registering. Read your confirmation email thoroughly for important course details and class materials.
Your registration includes the ACLS Provider eBook and access to the ACLS pre-course assessment. See email confirmation.
Thank you for your attention to this important graduation requirement.
updated September 2018