The School of Medicine requires Criminal Background Checks for all medical students.
The following outlines the rationale for performing Criminal Background Checks:
- To facilitate the placement of students into clinical training programs
- To bolster the public's continuing trust in the medical profession.
- To enhance the safety and well-being of patients.
- To ascertain the ability of accepted applicants and enrolled medical students to eventually become licensed as physicians.
- To minimize the potential liability of medical schools and their affiliated clinical facilities.
updated August 2018