Stanford School of Medicine's Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
We are currently implementing many adjustments and changes to ensure the health, safety, and well-being of our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please note that the information on this webpage is relevant for our MD students.
Updates & Announcements
Spring Quarter: All instruction for required MD Spring Quarter (March 30 - June 10, 2020) courses will be remote. Please refer to your course Canvas page for additional information.
Medical Scholars Updates (March 28. 2020)
- A limited application opportunity for new applications for Q3 MedScholars projects from students affected by reductions in clerkship opportunities. This limited application opportunity does not apply to pre-clinical students or those who were not planning on clinical rotations in the spring quarter. For additional information please review the most recent communication.
- Students with approved projects for other quarters in summer or later, but who wish to move their effort to spring quarter instead should contact the MedScholars office.
Clinical Clerkships (March 27, 2020): Required core clerkships for Periods 10 - 12 will be suspended at this time. Please refer to the full announcement here.
Medical Scholars Updates (March 20, 2020):
- The Spring Quarter deadline for Medical Scholars has been extended to April 29, 2020.
- The Spring Medical Scholar Symposium has been cancelled. Additional information will follow for those that still have outstanding research to present to complete their projects.
- Spring Quarter proposals should plan to submit a brief summary on the feasibility of their projects under the current policies restricting travel and research.
Mini-CPX (March 17, 2020): There will be no Mini-CPX for AY2019-20 and students will be permitted to enter clerkships without completing this requirement.
Town Halls are currently scheduled every Wednesday at 12:30 pm via Zoom. Please join here.
Please click on the date below to see prior town hall presentations and Q&A from the sessions.
Important MD Program Communications
The following is a running archive of the School of Medicine's COVID-19 messages and updates.