School of Medicine Registrar's Office Graduation Quarter Eligibility
Registration is required for the term in which a student has a degree conferred. Students who meet all the following conditions are eligible to be assessed a special $150 tuition rate for the quarter in which they are receiving a degree:
- All course work, degree requirements, oral exams, and residency requirements for all graduate degree programs, including joint degree programs, have been completed prior to the start of the requested Graduation Quarter.
- The student has formally applied to graduate in Axess.
- The student has only to defend and/or submit the dissertation, project, or master's thesis by the deadline for submission in the term designated as the graduation quarter (if applicable).
- The student has filed the Graduation Quarter Petition by the Preliminary Study List deadline of the chosen as graduation quarter. Submit Graduation Quarter Petition to the SoM Registrar's Office at email@example.com.
- The medical student enrolls in SPEC801M in Axess by the Preliminary Study List Deadline.
Students on Graduation Quarter are registered at Stanford and, therefore, have the rights and privileges of registered students. Graduation Quarter status may be used only once during a degree program. There is a tuition rate of $150 for Graduation Quarter, and students on Graduation Quarter are assessed University health insurance (unless waived) and ASSU fees. MD students on Graduation Quarter enroll in SPEC 801M, and are certified as enrolled full-time.
Please note: Students on Graduation Quarter are not eligible for financial aid.