Clinical Trainee (MD) Support
DEADLINE: Friday, February 1, 2019 - 5:00pm
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Clinical (MD) Trainee Support program funds MD (or MD/PhD) fellows as follows:
- Provides up to 100% salary/fringe support for up to two years (non-competitive renewal for year 2)
- Supports 2nd and 3rd years of fellowship only (PGY5 and PGY6)
- Used for the fellows’ remuneration and benefits (at the level determined appropriate for their particular specialty)
MCHRI Forms for Applicants
Awards will be announced in March 2019. Proposals that are not funded can be resubmitted on Friday, April 26, 2019 (within the funding cycle). Formal award letters for both rounds (original submission and resubmission) will be issued in June 2019.
Award Period: July 1, 2019 to June 30, 2020
- Provide documentation that s/he has submitted, or plans to submit, during the first 15 months of fellowship training (or residency training in the case of surgery residents), a competitive application to 1 or more agencies external to Stanford to support his/her research training.
- Hold a medical (MD or equivalent) doctoral degree.
- Have completed one year of training by the start of the award term.
- Demonstrate a commitment to an investigative career in obstetrics, pediatrics, pediatric subspecialty or subspecialty primarily focused on child health (e.g., pediatric surgery).
- Use the MCHRI funding for their 2nd and 3rd years of research training (PGY5 and PGY6) during which a minimum of 75% time is devoted to research.
- Have legal residence status in the United States.
- Be a pediatrician or a child health specialist.
- Primary research mentor may be from any research discipline
- Primary research mentor must be a member of the MCHRI.*
- Non-ACGME fellows are eligible provided all other criteria are met.
|Year||# of Applications
||#of Awards||Funding Rate
Clinical (MD) Trainee Support Panel Co-Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration or 650-724-0279 with any questions.