Clinical Trainee (MD) Support
DEADLINE: Monday, February 3, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Clinical (MD) Trainee Support program funds MD (or MD/PhD) fellows as follows:
- Provides up to 100% salary/fringe support for up to two years (non-competitive renewal for year 2).
- Supports 2nd and 3rd years of fellowship only (PGY5 and PGY6).
- Used for the fellows’ remuneration and benefits (at the level determined appropriate for their particular specialty).
- New Palliative Care Fellowship offered in FY20. See details below.
MCHRI Forms for Applicants
Awards will be announced in March, 2020. Proposals that are not funded can be resubmitted on Monday, April 13, 2020 (within the funding cycle). Formal award letters for both rounds (original submission and resubmission) will be issued in June 2020.
Award Period: July 1, 2020 to June 30, 2021.
- Provide documentation that s/he has submitted, or plans to submit, during the first 15 months of fellowship training (or residency training in the case of surgery residents), a competitive application to 1 or more agencies external to Stanford to support his/her research training.
- Hold a medical (MD or equivalent) doctoral degree.
- Have completed one year of training by the start of the award term.
- Demonstrate a commitment to an investigative career in obstetrics, pediatrics, pediatric subspecialty or subspecialty primarily focused on child health (e.g., pediatric surgery).
- Use the MCHRI funding for their 2nd and 3rd years of research training (PGY5 and PGY6) during which a minimum of 75% time is devoted to research.
- Be a pediatrician or a child health specialist.
- Primary research mentor may be from any research discipline
- Primary research mentor must be a member of the MCHRI.*
- Non-ACGME fellows are eligible provided all other criteria are met.
Additional Fellowship Opportunity: Pediatric Palliative Care
New this year, MCHRI is offering a Palliative Care Fellowship. The fellowship is for up to two years with salary support of $75,000 per year. The individual will be identified as the Maggie Otto Fellow in Pediatrics Palliative Care. His/her clinical activity can be in any discipline involving children’s health. Any fellow whose research will be in pediatric palliative care should apply. Application requirements are the same.
|Year||# of Applications
||#of Awards||Funding Rate
Clinical (MD) Trainee Support Panel Co-Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration or 650-724-0279 with any questions.