DEADLINE: Thursday, October 1, 2020 - 5:00 p.m.
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Pilot Grants funds innovative maternal and child health-focused clinical and translational research in the following categories:
Category I: Pilot Early Career ($35K)
Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators ($35K)
All projects must be significantly related to the health of expectant mothers and children. The applicant can be any practitioner or scientist who has a focus on maternal or child health research.
|Application Deadline||Thursday, October 1, 2020|
|Notification of Awards||December 2020|
|Award Start Date||Friday, January 1, 2021|
Forms for Applicants
Funding is offered in the following categories:
- Category I: Pilot Early Career - $35,000
- Category II: New Ideas for Mid/Senior Investigators - $35,000
- All applicants must have, or plan on, having a focus on maternal child health research.
- All applicants and their mentors must be MCHRI Members.
- A Primary Research Mentor must be identified for instructors or assistant professors.
- All applicants must continue to be appointed at the Instructor rank or above for the duration of the award, including any extensions.
- The following are not eligible:
- Clinician Educators (CEs) - See Clinician Educator Grants Program
- Visiting scholars to Stanford
- Senior Research Scientists, Research Associates/Assistants
- Former recipients of MCHRI/PRF/LPFCH-sponsored awards who have not complied with award/reporting requirements
- Mentor or applicants who have not cleared overdraft(s) in previous MCHRI awards prior to applying
|YEAR||# of Applications||# of Awards
If the project is not completed within 12 months due to unforeseen circumstances, a no-cost extension (NCX) of up to 6 additional months may be requested (total study period not to exceed 18 months). Please complete a No-Cost Extension Request Form.
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Program Panel Chairs
Please contact MCHRI Administration at email@example.com or 650-724-0279 with any questions.