Bridge Support Program
DEADLINE: Monday, January 18, 2021 - 5:00 PM PST
FUTURE DEADLINES: Monday, May 17, 2021
The Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) Bridge Support aims to provide maternal and child health researchers up to 1 year of funding to aid in the continuation of research projects (NIH R01 or NSF, DOD or other equivalent awards) so that progress may be made to obtain renewed or replacement funding. This funding mechanism is intended to bridge to R01 equivalent grants, or larger NIH grants, i.e. long term funding mechanism (not R21 to R21).
All projects must be significantly related to the health of expectant mothers and children. The applicant can be any practitioner or scientist who has a focus on, or plans to focus on, maternal or child health research.
Forms for Applicants
Total award is up to $100,000 ($50,000 from the MCHRI and $50,000 cost shared from the applicant’s department) for one year. One proposal per applicant is accepted each cycle.
- Only research projects supported (or in progress) by an independent investigator award (NIH R01 or NSF, DOD, or other equivalent award) will be eligible.
- Applicant must hold an appointment in the following lines within SoM or Stanford University: CE/MCL/NTLR/NTLT/UTL.
- All appointees at the rank of Assistant Professor or above can apply
- All applicants must have or plan on having a focus on maternal and child health research, or wish to expand their interest in maternal and child health research
- The following are not eligible: Visiting Scholars are not eligible
|YEAR||# of Applications||# of Awards
Visit the Bridge Support Awards page.
If the project is not completed within 12 months due to unforeseen circumstances, a no-cost extension (NCX) of up to 6 additional months may be requested (total study period not to exceed 18 months). Please complete a No-Cost Extension Request Form.
Visit Policy Updates for more information.
Visit Frequently Asked Questions for more information.
Please contact MCHRI Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org or 650-724-0279 with any questions.