MCHRI Eureka Certificate Course in Translational Medicine
February 9-13, 2020
Asilomar Conference Grounds, Monterey, CA
Sunday, September 15, 2019 at 5:00pm
Sunday, February 9 to Thursday, February 13, 2020
Asilomar Conference Center
800 Asilomar Avenue
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
The course fee is $3,000 per student. The fee covers 4-night lodging, all course materials and on-site meals. The selected attendee’s department will be responsible for the course fee and any incidentals.
Eligibility is limited to instructors and UTL/MCL assistant professors with at least 75% time dedicated to research. All applicants must be nominated by their department chair and/or division chief and be relieved from all clinical/lab duties during the course.
All applicants must be nominated by their department chair and/or division chief and submit the following materials electronically to email@example.com:
- Personal Statement describing why you believe that the course would be useful for the development of your career in translational medicine (max one page)
- Nomination letter from the department chair and/or division chief (max one page)*
- Current curriculum vitae or NIH Biosketch
*The nominator letter must commit to covering the course fee, ensuring applicant is able to attend the full 5-day course, and be relieved from all clinical/lab duties during the course
Applicants will be selected and notified by October 15, 2019.
Selection Priorities: candidates with the greater degree of sophistication in their understanding of what translational research means and who are in the best position to use the knowledge that they will acquire at the course to advance their research programs and career development.
- Applications that convincingly articulate how the course will influence the candidate’s career development
- Applications that specifically articulate the candidate’s anticipation of their future translational medicine leadership role within the Partner institute
- Applications that clearly articulate the candidate’s expectations of the course