MCHRI Eureka Certificate Course in Translational Medicine
February 9-13, 2020
Asilomar Conference Grounds, Monterey, CA
About the Course
As a partner of the Eureka Institute for Translational Medicine, the Stanford Maternal and Child Health Research Institute (MCHRI) has sponsored Stanford attendees to Eureka’s annual certificate course in Siracusa and other Eureka partner courses. Our MCHRI Eureka alumni have grown in number and strength through these opportunities. Their passion in spreading the know-how of translational medicine at Stanford has propelled MCHRI’s educational efforts, including our well-attended Seminar Series and the annual Symposium.
With our talented alumni and support of Eureka leadership, we launched our inaugural local Eureka-inspired course, MCHRI Eureka 2020 Certificate Course in Translational Medicine. This 5-day intensive course was held at Asilomar Conference Center in Monterey, CA, from Sunday, February 9th to Thursday, February 13th, 2020.
The goal for this course is to develop a local community of translational medicine professionals equipped to catalyze the application of discoveries in maternal and child health by leveraging the resources and expertise that are uniquely Stanford.
What You Will Learn
The curriculum will be delivered by Eureka Institute alumni and faculty, and subject matter experts who bring experience from academia, industry, regulatory agencies, venture capital, intellectual property law, etc.
- The course will facilitate the transfer of knowledge of Translational Medicine (TM) for all learners through diverse teaching approaches
- Analyze the business, scientific and regulatory aspects of TM
- Explore the challenges professionals encounter in TM, including accessing mentorship, building successful teams and developing healthy interdisciplinary collaborations
- Develop critical thinking skills to approach the challenges in TM
- Develop communication skills for presenting complex scientific ideas to a broad spectrum of people
- Share with learners information about Stanford resources in Intellectual Property and TM resources