2018 Second Look
LGBTQ-Meds Second Look Agenda: 4/5/18 - 4/7/18
Let’s Have a Kiki
- 9:30PM-Onwards (Immediately following the Talent Show) – Li Ka Shing 4th Floor Lounge
- Following the legendary words of the Scissor Sisters, let’s have a Kiki! Come join your queer peers at Stanford Med for a wine and cheese night. We’ll be spilling the tea on queer life at Stanford Med and giving out some pride swag. If you need swipe access or don’t know where to find us, RSVP here and we’ll send the deets: https://goo.gl/forms/gETjDS5hlXXpseZz2
Real Talk: You're In, Now What?
- 11am – 12pm – The Diversity Center of Representation and Empowerment (D-CORE), Lane Library
- Getting into med school isn’t easy. But choosing where to go and deciding what school best ‘fits’ you isn’t easy either. Thankfully, countless of med students before you have also faced this dilemma! The student groups of SUMMA (Stanford University Minority Medical Alliance) invite all applicants to come hear current med students honestly describe how they chose Stanford, what med school at Stanford is like, and whether they’d choose Stanford again. There will be students from LGBTQ-Meds there to give you the real deal.
- 12pm-1pm – Dean’s Lawn
- Swing by our table at the activities fair and learn more about LGBTQ-Meds’ activism, queer health curriculum, and social projects here at Stanford Med. Little birdies told me that there might be vegan mini mango mochi (that alliteration tho) at our table…
Big Gay Brunch
- 9am-12pm – Anna’s Apartment
- Mimosas and avocado toast, need I say more? Hosted by LGBTQ-Meds, this brunch will be a chance to rewind and chill. RuPaul’s newest album may or may not be on repeat. If you want the deets and/or need transportation please RSVP here so we make enough #drinks: https://goo.gl/forms/gETjDS5hlXXpseZz2
Congratulations on your acceptance! We're looking forward to meeting you all at the upcoming Second Look event.
Look out for pride shirts, hats, and pins all weekend and if you have any questions/concerns in the meanwhile, don't hesitate to reach out to us at: email@example.com.