We support the Stanford Medicine research mission through a variety of services:
- HIPAA Information Privacy and Security: The Campus Information Security Office (ISO) provides advice and assistance with HIPAA information privacy and security issues for all School of Medicine faculty, staff, and students
- Data Center Services: IRT provides researchers with secure, HIPAA-compliant Data Center services.
- Clinical Informatics Consultation Service: A free service to SUMC researchers.
- Clinical Data Access: The Research Informatics Center supplies IRB-approved research projects with clinical data from LPCH and SHC.
- Research Data Management: IRT designs, develops and operates research data management solutions, including platforms for HIPAA compliant patient reported outcomes via surveys.
- Clinical Trials: IRT operates the Stanford Clinical Trials Registry.
- Faculty/Staff/Student Profiles: IRT maintains the Community Academic Profile (CAP) system which provides a searchable profiles for the public.