Medmeeting is an online collaboration utility that uses Adobe Acrobat Connect (similar to WebEx). This web-based application will allow you to share documents and perform interactive screensharing. Additional features include the capability to use integrated teleconferencing, video conferencing, break-out collaboration, and meeting recording. If you are unfamiliar with Medmeeting, please browse through the "Getting Started" information below. If Medmeeting is the right application to meet your virtual meeting needs, please review the teleconferencing policy, webcam and headset recommendations listed below.
If you have any questions about Medmeeting, please feel free to submit a HelpSU ticket to the IRT Service Desk or call 5-8000.
- Medmeeting usage - who can use it and when to use it
- Accessing, creating, and requesting meeting rooms - where to access Medmeeting and how to create or request your own meeting rooms
- Inviting people to your meeting - how to invite both Stanford and non-Stanford affiliates into your meeting
- Using key features - how to use some of the most useful features within Medmeeting
- Training Videos - complete training videos for both standard users and administrators
- Teleconferencing Policy - IRT policy on when to use teleconferencing with Medmeeting
- Headset Recommendations - recommendations for headsets to use with Stanford telephones
- Webcam Recommendations - recommendations for webcams to use for video conferencing through Medmeeting.