Video Conferencing Policy
Educational Technology offer global video conferencing capabilities from LKSC room LK009, LK057, LK060, LK63, LK120, LK130, LK240 (Berg Hall Conference Center) and Alway room M015C. This conferencing runs on the Tandberg platform. It has both ISDN conferencing capability and IP conferencing capability. On the ISDN side the system supports a total bandwidth of 384 Kilobits per second which yields good video resolution. Laptops can be attached to the system to present slide shows using PowerPoint application. The rooms can accommodate between 12 and 300 people.
- The video conference will be used for Stanford School of Medicine educational purpose only.
- This service is available to faculty, staff and students of Stanford medical school.
- Video conference services will not be used for personal calls.
- ISDN out going call are charged to the departments after Educational Technology receives the bill.
- ISDN incoming calls are free.
- IP calls are free for incoming and out going calls.
- Educational Technology provides technical support.
- Video conference request form should be requested when filling out the room reservation form and submitted at least seven days in advance. Less than seven days notice requires prior approval from AV Technology staff.
- Hours of operation follow standard EdTech business hours (M-F 7 AM - 6 PM, excluding holidays).
Reservations should be made by contacting the scheduler at 650-723-6952 or email@example.com. Once the videoconference is scheduled, Bindu Madhava (firstname.lastname@example.org) will coordinate the technical support.