Study Spaces Policy
This document outlines spaces available for group and individual student study and the policy around student use of those spaces.
- Students may use these rooms when they are vacant and/or have not been scheduled for other use.
- Sign-ups will be taken up to one day in advance on the daily sign-in sheet posted outside of each room.
- Groups can sign up for the spaces for up to six hours at a time on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In group study spaces, multiple students have priority over individuals. If an individual is studying in a group space and a group would like to use the space, the group has priority.
- If an individual is studying in a group space and another individual(s) want to use the space to study as well, the space should be shared.
- If a group is using a space designated for individual study and an individual wants to use the space, the individual has priority.
- If a space is reserved by a group and is then left vacant for more than one hour, the reservation is forfeited and the room is free for another group’s use.
- Books and materials left in group spaces for longer than one hour can be set aside by incoming group.
- Books and materials left in spaces for longer than 24 hours will be turned in to Lane Library’s Lost and Found.
- Spaces should be respected and left in good condition. Most spaces have recycle bins for cans and bottles nearby.
- In rooms where there are whiteboards, please note that they will be cleaned daily. Groups may clean the whiteboard for their own use.