Applying the Identity to Products & Merchandise
3 Approved Layouts
In order to accommodate various sizes and positions on products & merchandise you may choose to use one of the 3 approved department signature layouts
- Lettering should never placed below the Stanford Medicine Shield.
- As a brand, "Stanford Medicine" cannot be displayed without the Shield to the left.
- To ensure the quality of reproduction, it is not recommended to use the logo at a size smaller than 1 inch.
- There should always be a clear space surrounding the signature or wordmark, with no type or graphics appearing in the zone. The minimum clear space is equal to X, which represents the letter height of the logo type.
- Stanford Medicine allows purchase of promotional product (tshirt, jacket, etc) with departmental branding for employee use only.
- All layouts should be requesteted and/or approved by the Stanford Medicine branding office.
- Learn more about Stanford Universirty branding guidlines.
Using the right colors
Use the white versions over images or dark backgrounds
- Do not create a red/white version of the logo for any use
- Do not use a full color verison over a dark background
Use the red/black or black only versions over light backgrounds
- Do not create a red only version of the logo for any use
- Be sure to use the proper Cardinal red for print (PMS 201 or CMYK. Never use the RGB colors for print ot CMYK for web.)