News & Events
The Stanford Hypertension Center welcomes Dr. Jonathan Nizar to the team. Dr. Nizar completed his training in clinical and basic science Nephrology here at Stanford and recently received a prestigious NIH/NIDDK Mentored Clinical Scientist Award to continue his research on mechanisms of hypertension in the metabolic syndrome. His clinical interests include resistant hypertension and fluid & electrolyte disorders.
Clinical trials that may be looking for additional candidates:
- Chronic Hypertension and Pregnancy (CHAP)
- Stem cell-derived Endothelial Cell Function Studies
- Renal denervation - SPYRAL-ON
- Renal denervation - SPYRAL-OFF
Recent Publications from Members of the Stanford Hypertension Center
- Nizar JM, Bhalla V, "Molecular Mechanisms of Sodium-Sensitive Hypertension in the Metabolic Syndrome", Curr Hypertens Rep. 2017 Aug;19(8):60. PMID: 28676941
- Chang TI, Reboussin DM, Chertow GM, Cheung AK, Cushman WC, Kostis WJ, Parati G, Raj D, Riessen E, Shapiro B, Sterqiou GS, Townsend RR, Tsioufis K, Whelton PK, Whittle J, Wright JT, Papademetriou V, SPRINT Research Group, "Visit-to-Visit Office Blood Pressure Variability and Cardiovascular Outcomes in SPRING (Systolic Blood Pressure Intervention Trial)." Hypertension. 2017 Jul 31. PMID: 28760939
- Cheung AK, Rahman M, Reboussin DM, Craven TE, Greene T, Kimmel PL, Cushman WC, Hawfield AT, Johnson KC, Lewis CE, Oparil S, Rocco MV, Sink KM, Whelton PK, Wright JT Jr, Basile J, Beddhu S, Bhatt U, Chang TI, Chertow GM, Chonchol M, Fredman BI, Haley W, Ix JH, Katz LA, Killeen AA, Papademetriou V, Ricardo AC, Servilla K, Wall B, Wolfgram D, Yee J, SPRINT Resarch Group, "Effects of Intensive BP Control in CKD", J Am Soc Nephrol. 2017 Jun 22. PMID: 28642330
Complete list of hypertension-related publications from members of the Stanford Hypertension Center - Read more.
Upcoming Hypertension Center Conference
Date: February 9th, 2018 (Friday)
Time: 12pm - 1pm
Location: LKSC 102
Please RSVP by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our email list to receive regular updates!
Lifestyle Education Workshop
For infomation on future education workshops, please contact:
Rebecca Boyle, PA-C