Fitness Class Information
HIP strives to provide the highest quality and largest variety of group fitness classes at the work site. With over 180 group fitness classes each quarter, we hope to make physical activity enjoyable and accessible to as many people as possible. Our classes are diverse in terms of type and level of physical fitness activity. Join us at various times, as well as at various on and off-campus locations. Our experienced, multi-certified staff of instructors will carefully guide you through a fun and effective workout whether you are just starting a fitness program, or are maintaining your fitness. HIP offers the following kinds of fitness classes:
- Cardio and Strength Fusion- Boot Camp, Cross Training, Indoor Cycling
- Mind/Body- Tai Chi, Qigong, Feldenkrais™ Method, Martial Arts
- Yoga/Yoga & Pilates Blend
- Outdoor classes- Cross Training, Boot Camp
- Aquatic Fitness/Lap Swimming
- Healthy Back/Pilates Mat
- Dance Fitness- Chinese, Middle Eastern, Ballet, Zumba, Ujam
- Pilates Mat
- Strength Training using weight machines and/or resistance equipment
- Sports, Martial Arts & Athletic Fitness
NEW! Designation of classes deemed “Chronic Condition Friendly” and “Older Adult Friendly”
HIP has identified classes that are particularly suited to individuals living with chronic conditions and older adults. We have selected classes that encourage any level of participation. The instructors will accommodate mobility limitations and offer adjustments of pace and intensity. HIP strives to offer safe, fun, and appropriately challenging ways for all individuals to reap the benefits of increased energy, strength, and sense of well-being that physical activity can provide.
Download and view class information in the Fitness Class Schedule
Download the Fitness class Schedule-At-A-Glance
Benefits-eligible Stanford University Employees:
- Starting in January, take your SHALA for the current year. Go to the BeWell website to begin. Completion of SHALA is the only requirement to be eligible for discounted fitness classes.
- Search current classes and register online. Choose your fitness classes wisely – you will receive two BeWell $30 classes per quarter with additional classes available for full class fee. Participants with a compelling reason to request additional classes at the reduced fee should fill out a scholarship request form by clicking here.
- When registering online, enter your Stanford Affiliation and complete WebAuth to receive a $30 BeWell discounted class fee. If you have not completed SHALA in the current year, please start the process at the BeWell website.
Any Class Suggestions/Comments? Email HIP
Wellness on Wheels Classes:
HIP can bring a Healthy Living class to your department. Email: Laurie Ausserer
HIP can bring fitness classes to your department. To request a class, please go to the following form: Wellness on Wheels