Registration & Class information
Register for Classes
For over 30 years, HIP has worked to enrich the health and well-being of Stanford and the greater community through our health education (Healthy Living), Behavior Change, and Group Fitness programs. We now offer more than 200 classes, in a variety of formats, and welcome the participation of over 3000 people each quarter.
Registration for HIP Group Fitness Classes is open to all Stanford University, Stanford Healthcare, and Lucile Packard Hospital employees, their families, and to retirees.
Registration for HIP Healthy Living Classes is open to all members of the community.
HIP offers a wide variety of classes:
- Credit card - secure credit card payments can be processed via Cybersource when registering online. Choose the Credit Card option under “Pay balance with:”. If you register online and pay by credit card, you will receive a confirmation of enrollment by email. We cannot accept credit card information over the phone or in-person.
- Check/cash - register online and choose the Check/Cash button under “Pay balance with:”. Please Note: If you pay by check, you are not confirmed, nor guaranteed a space in the class, until HIP receives payment. Make check payable to “Stanford University”.
- In person: deliver check to the HIP Office: Medical School Office Building (MSOB), 3rd floor, Suite 300
- Mail to HIP:
ID mail code: 5411
- US Mail: HIP, Medical School Office Building (MSOB), 1265 Welch Rd, Stanford, CA 94305-5411
- STAP funds - eligible Stanford University employees (additional information below) will be given the option online to pay for STAP approved Healthy Living classes by choosing the “Use STAP” button in the shopping cart.
Incentives and Tuition Assistance Options:
Reduced Group Fitness Fees for BeWell Participants
Benefits-eligible Stanford University employees who have completed Step 1 of the BeWell Employee Incentive Program are eligible for 2 group fitness classes each quarter at the reduced rate of only $30 per class. Eligible participants must log in using the BeWell Login option (red “BeWell Participants Log In Here” button) and will automatically see the $30 class fee.
STAP Funds for University Staff
Most of HIP's Healthy Living classes are approved by the University Benefits Department for STAP reimbursement. Look for “STAP/EA Funds: Yes” next to the class fee online and in the brochure. If you are Stanford University Employee working 50% time or more, you will be given the option to use your STAP funds for pre-approved Healthy Living classes at the time of registration. (According to University guidelines, all employees should obtain approval from their supervisor prior to using STAP funds.) *To check STAP funds usage and balance, log in to your Axess at http://axess.stanford.edu. Log in to Axess. Choose: Training > STAP > STAP Balance.
Educational Assistance (EA) for Stanford Hospital & Clinic, LPCH Employees
Lucile Packard Children's Hospital and Stanford Health Care employees may use their Educational Funds (EA Funds) towards approved HIP Healthy Living Classes. Look for “STAP/EA Funds: Yes” next to the class fee online and in the brochure. . Register and pay for your class with a check or credit card and then process reimbursement with your HR Manager after class completion. HIP will send a certificate of class completion upon request
Log into your respective employer HealthySteps website with your Hospital and Clinic username/password to find the forms needed for reimbursement.
Educational Assistance SHC & LPCH »
Refunds for Group Fitness classes (less a $30 admin fee) will be granted on a case-by-case basis for serious medical conditions or emergency situations.
24 hour advance cancellation notice is required for a refund for Healthy Living classes. No credits or refunds will be issued for missed classes.
You will be asked to read and accept the Cancelation Policy for HIP Group Fitness and Healthy Living Classes at the time of registration.
HIP reserves the right to cancel a class when the minimum enrollment is not met (minimum variable by class). In the case of cancelation, you will be granted full reimbursement of the class fee.
Wait List Policy
If you would like to be placed on the wait list for a class with full registration, please contact the HIP Office at (650) 723--- We will take your contact information, and if space becomes available in the class, you will be notified in the order that your waitlist request was received.
Please Note: Instructors do not make decisions about admissions. Please do not contact instructors directly about class admission.