Professional Development Topics
The following Powerpoint Presentations were developed by GME Staff to use as professional development topics with your program faculty. You can dowload and use these presentations freely or you can contact the GME Office to have your GME Program Manager present the topic of your choice at a faculty meeting.
In addition, the Stanford Faculty Development Center for Medical Teachers offers Professional Development workshops. See their website at: http://sfdc.stanford.edu/
Which presentation would you like to view?
- Core Competencies - Presentation for Faculty (.pptx)
- Supervision and Autonomy in GME (.pptx)
- Generational Differences (.pptx)
- Faculty Development on Evaluations (.pptx)
- 2011 New Duty Hr Requirements (.pptx)
- Preparing for ACGME Site Visit (.pptx)
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education, Ch 1 (.pptx)
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education, Ch 2 (.pptx)
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education, Ch 3 (.pptx)
- Cultural Issues in Patient Care (.pptx)
Recorded Grand Rounds
Pre-recorded Grand Rounds through Lane Library; these videos sometimes include more general topics on the field of Medical Education today.
ACGME is offering a Developing Faculty Competencies in Assessment Mini-Course, which is a series of two online mini-courses that provides an introduction to assessment and the Milestones.
To register for and take the courses, please visit: https://dl.acgme.org/learn/course/an-introduction-to-assessment-1/introduction/introduction (click “Register Now” to create an account if you have not had one).
Feel free to distribute the information to your faculty members. Please note that this course is currently available for CME credit totaling 1.0.
Last Revised 1/23/2018