Award for Outstanding Contribution to GME
Program Coordinators play a critical role in the operational and educational success of GME programs, including maintaining effective communication with residents/fellows, proactively identifying problems, planning and implementing improvements, spearheading recruitment efforts, conducting a variety of administrative activities, and serving as part of the program leadership team. To recognize their dedicated efforts in our programs, we are initiating an annual award for outstanding program coordinators.
Current Program Coordinator at Stanford Hospital and Clinics (SHC) or Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital (LPCH), who has been in the role for at least two years.
- Effective teamwork
- Superb communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Applied and theoretical understanding of graduate medical education
- Commitment to the educational mission and to optimizing the resident/fellow training experience
- Innovation in program development
Nominate a Coordinator
Nominations should include the following:
- Required: at least one and no more than three nomination letters from trainees (letters may be co-authored, and less than 500 words each)
- Required: a letter (less than 500 words) from the Program Director
- Optional: a letter from the Department Chair or Division Chief
- Optional: up to two letters (less than 500 words each) from others (e.g. Program Coordinator colleague from another specialty or institution, Associate Program Director, faculty)
Please email the nominations to Alyssa Carrasco (AlCarrasco@stanfordhealthcare.org) by Friday May 29, 2020