formerly called Duty Hours
Residents can report non-compliance with residency work hours to the Department of Graduate Medical Education or ACGME.
Contact Ann Dohn, GME Director, at 723-5948 if you have any questions about duty hours or outside commitments.
- ResQ Medical - duty hour management app; available for iPhone
Last Revised 1/23/2018
About Work Hours
All house staff are required to accurately record their work hours in MedHub. Hours should be logged weekly.
Failure to record work hours in MedHub may result in disciplinary action including suspension from the residency or termination from the residency program. Note that MedHub locks work hour entry and residents have access to the current week and week prior only at any given time. Residency coordinators can assist with back entry of hours.
With respect to work hours both on-site and off-site, all house staff must comply with the rules of the Department to which they are assigned and must also comply with any applicable ACGME, State or Federal Regulations setting limitations on work hours.
Professional activities in your off-time hours should be arranged so as not to interfere with your training obligations and your ability to benefit from your Graduate Medical Education Program.
Please review the following documents and contact your program director if you have any questions:
- ACGME: History of Work Hours
- Frequently Asked Questions about the ACGME Common Duty Hour Standards
- ACGME Duty Hours Langauge
- ACGME Duty Hours: A Brief Synopsis
- Revised Duty Hour Standards Effective July 2011
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Revised Duty Hour Standards Effective July 2011