6:00 PM - 7:30 PM
GME Financial Workshop: Evaluating Employment Contracts & Offers
For all house staff at SHC/LPCH and affiliated hospitals
This event is part of the GME Financial Workshop Series, a series dedicated to offering residents and fellows with guidance on financial management.
- Click on this event link to register for the event.
- Registration closes on Mon, 03/26/2018, 11:59PM.
- Dinner provided with registration.
- Speakers include:
Chris will cover financial topics including:
- How do I evaluate the financial consequences of an employment offer?
- What benefits should I look for? What is common and standard for the field?
- How do I evaluate the non-cash elements of an employment offer?
- How does the financial health of the firm, institution or practice I join impact me?
- Key clauses in partnerships – what happens at a partner’s death, disability, divorce or bankruptcy?
- Recruiting, retaining, rewarding and retiring employees – what should I expect?
- Minimizing the impact of taxes on your compensation.
- Risk management – how to protect your downside risk?
- Building wealth beyond the salary - planning for enterprise value.
- Leveraging financial tools to enhance opportunity and minimize risk to income.
Mark will cover legal topics including:
- Basic business aspects of private medical practices
- Evaluating an employment contract from a medical practice
- Employment contract terms that may benefit you, and others that may harm your interests
- When to get legal advice, and how it can help you
- Hospital recruiting contracts – what they are and what to look out for if you’re asked to sign one
- The importance of generating referrals and revenue in private practice
- Planning for partnership – what to think about from a legal and HR perspective
- Moving from employee to partner/shareholder
- How do I plan ahead to protect my interests when I’m ready to become a partner/shareholder?