Residents can report non-compliance with residency duty hours to the Department of Graduate Medical Education or ACGME.
Contact Ann Dohn, GME Director, at 723-5948 if you have any questions about duty hours or outside commitments.
- ResQ Medical - duty hour management app; available for iPhone
All house staff are required to accurately record their duty hours in MedHub. Hours should be logged weekly.
Failure to record duty hours in MedHub may result in disciplinary action including suspension from the residency or termination from the residency program. Note that MedHub locks duty hour entry and residents have access to the current week and week prior only at any given time. Residency coordinators can assist with back entry of hours.
With respect to duty hours both on-site and off-site, all house staff must comply with the rules of the Department to which they are assigned and must also comply with any applicable ACGME, State or Federal Regulations setting limitations on duty hours. Professional activities in your off-time hours should be arranged so as not to interfere with your house officer obligations and your ability to benefit from your Graduate Medical Education Program.
Please review the following documents and contact your program director if you have any questions:
- Frequently Asked Questions by Residents
- Frequently Asked Questions about the ACGME Common Duty Hour Standards
- ACGME Duty Hours Langauge
- ACGME Duty Hours: A Brief Synopsis
- Revised Duty Hour Standards Effective July 2011
- Frequently Asked Questions about the Revised Duty Hour Standards Effective July 2011