We value diversity in our Department and Training Program and are aware of all aspects of human differences such as socioeconomic status, race, ethnicity, language, nationality, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, geography, disability and age.
Diversity improves the educational experience, strengthens our team, makes us more effective problem solvers, and helps us take care of our patients from multi-cultural backgrounds.
It is our goal to create an environment that fosters belonging, respect, and value for all.
Our Diverse Programs Include:
- Samuel L. Kountz Diversity Fellowship in General Surgery- Application Deadline is April 10
- Stanford Clinical Opportunity for Residency Experience (SCORE)- Sub-I offered to URM students
- Graduate Medical Education Diversity Committee
- Diversity at Stanford Medicine
- Center of Excellence in Diversity