Complex Primary Care Clinic
The Complex Primary Care Clinic (CPCC) provides a medical home for children with medical complexity (CMC). We use a team-based approach to provide continuous and comprehensive care with the goal of maximizing health outcomes and improving the family experience with health care. We are an integral part of the Stanford Children’s Health CORE Program and work closely with them to provide family centered, coordinated care for CMC. We also collaborate closely with a child’s pediatric and surgical specialist to ensure coordinated care.
We serve children who:
- Are cared for by > 3 pediatric or surgical specialists
- Children who are technology dependent.
- Have frequent or prolonged hospitalization
- Are technologically dependent
Our clinic provides:
- Management of preventive services and acute care in conjunction with pediatric and surgical specialists
- Comprehensive care coordination services with Stanford Children’s Health and across the community
- Medication reconciliation and management
- Mental and behavioral health services
- Transition to adult care
The Complex Primary Clinic is located at 730 Welch Road, on the first floor. We provide direct patient care 5 days a week between the hours of 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM and do our best to guarantee same day care for acute care problems. Families have phone access to a CPCC provider 7 days a week between the hours of 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. The general pediatric hospitalists provide phone coverage during evenings and nights.
Complex Primary Clinic at Stanford Children's Health (1st Floor)730 Welch Road
Palo Alto CA, 94304
Frequently Asked Questions
"These are complex patients and CPCC providers are not experts in “–”ology. How can we trust the care they provide?
- The care provided in CPCC is not intended to replace the care provided by specialty services. We recognize that these are complex patients and that we need to work in conjunction with specialty services. We will not make diagnostic or treatment decisions without consulting/communicating with the appropriate specialty service.
If you don’t offer independent diagnostic and therapeutic care, what value do you provide?
- Preventive services e.g. immunizations, Synagis and uncomplicated acute care e.g. eczema.
- Intensive care coordination and case management vertically within Stanford Children’s Health and horizontally across the community.
- Coordination of services with community base practices that are part of the CORE complex care program.
Do you provide 24 x 7 care?
- We do not currently provide 24x7 access to a CPCC provider.
- We provide appointments for CPCC children 5 days a week.
- We anticipate moving to 24X7 phone access to CPCC providers this Fall.
How to Make a Referral
To make a referral to Primary Complex Care Clinic place a referral in EPIC or if you are an outside provider call the Referral Center at 800-995-5724. If you have an urgent question or request, page the on call complex care provider at 2-7539 (2-PLEX).