Compensation and Benefits

Academic General Pediatric Fellows have a dual appointment with our Office of Graduate Medical Education and the Office of Academic Affairs, 80/20 for fellowship research and clinical duties, respectively. The compensation scale below is for 80% of appointment, the other 20% is compensated at a higher instructor rate.


Salaries for fellows for academic year 2017-18 are as follows:

PGY Level Annual
IV $77,001.60 $6,416.68
V $81,827.20 $6,818.80
VI $85,467.20 $7,122.13

Additional benefits (subject to appropriate taxes) include:

  • Moving allowance (new hires only): $3,000
  • Annual eduational allowance: $2,000*
  • Cell phone allowance: $1,000*
  • Housing stipend: $6,000 per year/$500 per month
  • Cost of initial CA MD license and renewals*
  • Cost of initial DEA and renewals*
  • Medical, dental, vision, and long term disability insurance provided.
  • *Please see House Staff Policies and Procedures for full details.