Compensation and Benefits
Salaries for fellows for academic year 2019-2020 are as follows:
Additional benefits (subject to appropriate taxes) include:
- Moving allowance (new hires only): $3,000
- Annual eduational allowance: $2,000
- Cell phone allowance: $1,000*
- Housing stipend: $7,200 per year (paid as $600 monthly)
- Cost of initial CA MD license and renewals*
- Cost of initial DEA and renewals*
- Medical, dental, vision, and long term disability insurance provided.
* Please see House Staff Policies and Procedures for full details.
Eligibility and Application Process
Due to NIH grant regulations, to be accepted into our 3-year pediatric GI fellowship program, an applicant must have a green card or be a U.S. citizen. Overseas citizens with a J1 visa can be accepted into our program as long as they are in a U.S. or Canadian residency program and have been for 2 years. We can transfer their J1 visa from the residency program to here. We do not accept H1B visas. In addition, all applicants must be eligible for a California Medical License. Prior to submitting an application, potential fellows should verify that their medical school is on the list of those recognized by the Medical Board of California. Applicants meeting these requirements are considered upon the strength of their test scores, academic achievements, and recommendations.
We participate in the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). Applications for fellowship positions should be submitted through ERAS starting in July on eyear before anticipated fellowship start date. Interested applicants should apply electronically through ERAS and provide the following documents:
- Completed ERAS application
- At least three and no more than four letters of reference including one from your residency program director. We recommend at least one letter be written by a faculty member in Pediatric Gastroenterology.
- Medical school transcript including Dean's letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
Applications will be reviewed only once they are complete. Please contact us directly if your application will be delayed for any reason. We do not typically accept applications submitted after August 30th.
If selected for interview, applicants will be contacted directly by the program coordinator, and a full day of interviews will be scheduled in August, September, or October, depending upon program and applicant availability.
Applicants will be asked for which track they are applying at the time of interview decisions.
Application and Interview Timeline
If you have additional questions regarding the program or the status of your application, please contact: