Women Faculty Networking
The Women Faculty Networking Group meets on the first Wednesday of the month from 12-1:30 pm in the Bing Dining Hall (3rd floor hospital), except when otherwise noted. The Women Faculty Networking group is open to all women faculty and instructors, across all lines. OFDD solicits topics and speakers of interest from women faculty throughout the year. The group comes together for lunch, with 25-40 attendees at each session. Stanford Medicine’s women also receive various career development opportunities announcements throughout the year.
Speakers for the 2018-2019 academic year
- Mary Stutts
- Chief, Diversity, Inclusion & Health Equity Officer, Stanford Health Care
- Carla Pugh
- Professor, Surgery and Director, Technology Enabled Clinical Improvement Center
Note location change to Li Ka Shing Center, room LK101
- Kay Kostopoulos and Melissa Jones Briggs
- Lecturers at GSB, for a special session "Acting with Power". Kay and Melissa will guide you in exploring your personal relationship to power, status and authority allowing you to navigate nuanced organizational and communication dynamics with increased agility. Please Register at: https://www.onlineregistrationcenter.com/register/222/page1.asp?m=275&c=356
- Tait Shanafelt
- Professor, Medicine, Director and Chief Wellness Officer, WellMD Center
- Marc Tessier-Lavigne
- President, Stanford University
- Phil Pizzo
- Former Dean, Stanford School of Medicine, Director, Stanford Distinguished Careers Institute
- Eila Skinner
- Chair, Urology
Stanford Women on Boards Initiative
Are you currently serving on a board or do you have previous board experience (corporate, public sector, or non-profit)? If so, you qualify for membership in the Stanford Women on Boards Initiative!
The Stanford Women on Boards Initiative (SWB) is committed to increasing the representation of Stanford alumnae on corporate and fiduciary boards, increasing Stanford women’s readiness for board service, and further developing the capabilities and influence of Stanford women already on boards.