Women Faculty Networking
The Women Faculty Networking Group meets on the first Wednesday of the month from 12-1:30 pm in the Bing Dining Hall (3rd floor hospital), except when otherwise noted. The Women Faculty Networking group is open to all women faculty and instructors, across all lines. OFDD solicits topics and speakers of interest from women faculty throughout the year. The group comes together for lunch, with 25-40 attendees at each session. Stanford Medicine’s women also receive various career development opportunities announcements throughout the year.
Speakers for the 2017-2018 academic year
- Mary Leonard
- Arline and Pete Harman Professor and Chair, Department of Pediatrics
- Joseph Woo
- Chair, Department of Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Patty Gumport
- Vice Provost, Graduate Education
- Abraham Verghese
- Linda R. Meier and Joan F. Lane Provostial Professor
- Gary Steinberg, MD, PhD
- Chair, Neurosurgery and Bernard and Ronni Lacroute-William Randolph Hearst Professor, Neurosurgery and Neurosciences
- Leslee Subak
- Chair, Department of OB/GYN
- Don’t Give Up the Wine List
- Special guest Sharon Harris, CEO RareCat Wines
Stanford Women on Boards Initiative
Are you currently serving on a board or do you have previous board experience (corporate, public sector, or non-profit)? If so, you qualify for membership in the Stanford Women on Boards Initiative!
The Stanford Women on Boards Initiative (SWB) is committed to increasing the representation of Stanford alumnae on corporate and fiduciary boards, increasing Stanford women’s readiness for board service, and further developing the capabilities and influence of Stanford women already on boards.