Stanford Medicine Emphasizes Diversity in Recruitment
Dedication to Equity
- Stanford Medicine provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees in compliance with applicable laws.
- Each search committee requires a diversity officer to be present in recruitment to promote a diverse candidate pool and equitable candidate screening.
- Search committees contact the OFDD six weeks prior to recruiting for training by senior leadership on diversity metrics and strategies to combat unconscious bias in the search and selection process.
- Each department has an OFDD liaison responsible for communicating faculty needs and concerns between departmental chairs and the OFDD.
Questions? Want More Information?
Provost Office and OFDD Recruitment Recommendations
Create a diverse search committee
Consider the composition of candidate pools
Look in the right places
Monitor the diversity of search processes
Use proactive recruitment strategies
Consider the concerns of underrepresented recruits
Devote adequate time to evaluation
Avoid premature ranking of candidates
Critically analyze supporting materials (e.g. recommendations, teaching evaluations, research statements)
Be prepared to explain your decisions and be transparent about criteria. Is it the same for all candidates? Is it the right criteria?
Contact the OFDD
- To schedule an OFDD search committee presentation at an upcoming search committee meeting
- To discuss diversity in recruitment within your department or division
- If you are a diverse candidate for a faculty position and would like further information