8:30 AM - 10:30 AM
WED - THU
The Successful K08 / K23 Workshop: A Reviewer’s Perspective
Dean’s Suite Boardroom 320
The K08 and K23 career development awards support mentored lab-based or patient-oriented research designed to foster the career development of young clinical investigators. They help transition from junior faculty or postdoctoral positions to independent research-based academic positions. Funding opportunities are often missed due to poor understanding of what is available and how the award can be secured.
In this workshop, Dr. Aurelian will discuss the different programs, and how to prepare an application that meets reviewers' expectations. She will present the most common misconceptions and provide an overview of the strategies to be used in order to write a competitive proposal.
Following the workshop, participants will have the opportunity to participate in ongoing one-on-one consultation with Dr. Aurelian to provide specific help through the submission of the K award.
The workshop will be limited to 10 participants, with priority given to those who plan to apply in the next two K cycles.
- Understand the K08 and K23 awards and how they are appropriate for you
- How to optimize the message and meet NIH expectations
- Writing your application, required components
- Step by step strategies and tips from reviewers
- How to best describe yourself as the candidate and optimize the presentation of your career development plan
- How to optimize presentation of your research proposal
- Review strategies and tips from award recipients and reviewers
- Opportunity to participate in one-on-one consultation following the workshop