BYOD at Stanford Medicine
Stanford Medicine is a “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD) campus
BYOD gives students the flexibility and freedom to use their personal devices for activities and assessments while allowing staff to focus on supporting programs, instead of managing and maintaining devices. This is a direction that many institutions, both higher-ed and K-12, are moving towards to maximize efficiency while providing students comfort in using their own devices. The EdTech team continues to ensure security on student devices by using encryption and LockDown browsers. Also, Stanford Medicine maintains a small pool of reservable devices for student-use if issues arise with a student's personal device.
BYOD System Requirements
In order for your device to provide the best experience for online exams and activities, please enure it meets this minimum set of requirements:
- 11.6″ screen or larger, minimum screen resolution of 1028X768, 32-bit color
- Windows 10; Mac OSX 10.12 or higher
- 1GHz processor or higher
- 8GB Memory
- Google Chrome 83+, Safari 13+, Firefox 77+, Internet Explorer 11+, Microsoft Edge 83+
- Wireless Card 2.4 GHZ/5.0GHZ (5.0 recommended)
- Lockdown Browser installed
- Stanford Encryption process completed
** iPads are not recommended as primary devices, but will be accepted if it contains a keyboard and is able to run the latest version of iOS (11+). NBME does not allow iPads for their examinations. Students will either need to provide a laptop for NBME exams or use an EdTech loaner laptop.